- Try and detect the problem - is the car not
starting, running roughly, conking out, or using too much gasoline?
- After you have detected it, isolate the system
most likely to be its cause. If it is conking out, the fuel
system may be at fault. If it is not starting, the electrical
system may be worth looking at first. If the car is overheating,
check the cooling system.
- After you have isolated the most likely
system, locate the weakest link in that system. The fuel pump,
for example, is often the most vulnerable part of the fuel system.
- Check each successive part in the system
until the problem is solved.
- Get the broken part replaced or repaired.
Consult your car's manual for other specific problems you
might be facing. This will help to speed up a diagnosis.
- Or bring it to Wrench Craft and let us
figure out why your vehicle is not running properly.